Welcome to BUET Alumni Association, Canada
BUET Alumni Association, Canada (BAAC)
The objectives of the BUET Alumni Association, Canada (BAAC) are but not limited to as follows::
- To establish, strengthen and enhance the continued ties with the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh;
- To strengthen connection and fellowship among the BUET alumni residing in Canada by fostering individual growth, well-being, professional development and networking among the BUET Alumni;
- To promote the interests of the students and graduates of the BUET by organizing lectures, career counseling, seminars, symposia, workshops among others;
- To build commitment and involvement for enhancing, promoting and upholding the image of the BUET while living in Canada;
- To enhance and uphold professional competence among the BUET Alumni living in Canada;
- To provide support to the BUET Alumni and their families in distress and to organize humanitarian activities as the Board of Directors find appropriate;
- To facilitate intellectual exchanges between the BUET and other Universities in Canada including professional institutions;
- To arrange social activities with a view to fostering greater social cohesion and integration among the BUET Alumni and their families living in Canada;
- To promote and educate the BAAC Members and their families on the Canadian Values, Ethics and their Rights, Obligations and Privileges; and
- To contribute in the process of building a better Canada.
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, abbreviated as BUET, is one of the most prestigious institutions for higher studies in the country. About 5500 students are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in engineering, architecture, planning and science in this institution. At present, BUET has sixteen teaching departments under five faculties and it has three institutes. Every year the intake of undergraduate students is around 900, while the intake of graduate students in Masters and PhD programs is around 1000. A total of about five hundred teachers are teaching in these departments and institutes. There are additional teaching posts like Dr. Rashid Professor, Professor Emeritus and Supernumerary Professors.
The BUET campus is in the heart of Dhaka – the capital city of Bangladesh. It has a compact campus with halls of residence within walking distances of the academic buildings. The physical expansion of the University over the last three decades has been impressive with construction of new academic buildings, auditorium complex, halls of residence, etc.
Winter Meet-up 2024
BUET NIGHT- 2023
PROFESSOR'S TALK AND RECEPTION 2023
BAAC Picnic 2023
Observing Amor Ekushey 2021
BUET - Bangla Noboborsho 1427
BAAC Membership Update
Active membership is important for alumni BUETians in Canada to participate as well as contribute to the events, professional workshops, meetings, get together and BAAC election.
BUET Night - 2019
BUET Cruise 2019
BUET Professional Day 2019
You are cordially invited and requested to pre-register to confirm your participation for “BUET Professional Day 2019” on Saturday, 27th April 2019 at “A+ Academy”
PEO President Elect 2019-2020, Marisa Sterling, P.Eng., FEC will join us as a Guest of Honour in this event